In the High Peaks
















Sunday, November 21, 2010

What to Read before New Year's?

Ideally, I'd like to read a few more 2010 titles before January 1st rings in. I have so much fun reading the various "Best Books of 2010" lists. The New York Times list is my favorite. But I love the Publishers Weekly list as well. And, after browsing those, I hop around collecting the "best of" from wherever I find them, saving them all in one huge computer file. I've been doing this for years. One caveat: I have to wait for all this fun. Amazon has their list up, but no other U.S. source does, not that I've found.

As a result, I'm up in the air about what to read next. I'm going to finish The Hunger Games, and from there, I'm not sure.

What do you plan to read in the next five weeks and a half?

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to finish Anna Karenina! I'm also midway through several other books and should hopefully get through a few of those as well--The Pumpkin Eater, and a Scottish crime novel for sure! I also love end of year lists of favorites, and I'm thinking ahead to next years reading now as well. How's that for planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle,
    Thanks so much for commenting! It's always wonderful to have you visit. Is the Scottish crime novel Let It Bleed by Ian Rankin?

    Katrina, I, and my husband have finished it. What do you think about the John Rebus series. I'm getting a crush on him, I think; he's so wounded, so in need of nourishment--I think he needs a bowl of my special beef stew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I am reading a crime novel by Karen Campbell called The Twilight Time set in Glasgow. It's been an interesting read--not entirely sure what I think, but it has certainly been compelling! I do have the Rankin book though sitting by my bed! The Campbell book has to go back first, so it's first in line to be read...the joys of library due dates! :)

    ReplyDelete