In the High Peaks
















Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I Think I've Got It! Final Books for 2010!


Please take a glance at my post earlier this evening or late afternoon. I just ordered Sunset Park by Paul Auster (please check out the wonderful interview!) and Russian Winter by Diana Kalotay in hardcover. Sunset Park is offered at 45% off the cover price! Looking forward! They won't arrive until Monday, I'm sure, though Barnes & Noble ships more quickly than Amazon.


So! Until then I'm reading The Hunger Games and a new memoir Unbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain by Portia De Rossi. I read acclaimed memoirs written by those who have suffered from anorexia, because I battled the disorder in my youth, from ages 17-21, with occasional relapses until age 40. For whatever reasons, none of the symptoms have troubled me since that time, not in the slightest. A baffling disease, to be sure.

But when I read memoirs of anorexia, I come away with the impression that I understand myself and who I was better than I did before.

4 comments:

  1. I m looking forward to the new auster to it seems a return to form for him ,saw him interview on tv a few weeks ago and he sold it to me ,all the best stu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear what you think of Russian Winter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read Russian Winter, too. I had it out from the library but as someone else was waiting for it, I didn't get to read it (I knew I would never manage to read it by the due date!). I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it! Glad to hear you no longer have problems with anorexia--it sounds like a devastating illness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for Sunset Park,I saw a BBC Newsnight interview a few weeks ago. All the reviewers on Newsnight enjoyed the book.
    I haven't read anything by Daphne Kalotay - yet.

    ReplyDelete