In the High Peaks
















Thursday, December 12, 2013

Let's Celebrate--Reading Gluttony Begins!

Christmas Open House on December 12:
First off, Tracy at Bitter Tea and Mystery has a fascinating and amusing crime-worthy Christmasy post today. Her discussion of 1939 crime titles lead me to my Christmas Book Collection fantasies. Would it be possible for me to collect the title(s) she discusses? I never know until I begin the search. I can't afford to go about genuine book collecting for everything that fascinates me, yet her selections seem too good to pass up. I will investigate tomorrow, on Friday the 13th! A perfect day for searching for books of crime, mystery, and such.

I don't know where my reading will take me tomorrow. I have to rethink the entire goose. I will begin the morning finishing Rhys Bowen's The Twelve Clues of Christmas. I've read so much of it now that I can exhort you all not to miss it. I heartily recommend. It will put you in the Christmas spirit immediately and cheer you up if that's what you need.

2 comments:

  1. Judith, thanks for mentioning my post here. I plan to do a post for Christmas books I hope to read, soon or in the future. Just have to find the time in this crowded season. Seems like everything gets busier at Christmas, even work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy,
      Do I ever know what you mean about finding time in December! Work, too--all that end-of-year nonsense!
      I hope you manage some peaceful time at some point this month or at New Year's!
      Judith

      Delete