In the High Peaks
















Thursday, December 26, 2013

A New Trio of Blog Links to Christmas Books and Music

A trio of Christmas-themed posts published on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Oh, yes, I fully celebrate the twelve days of Christmas. So for your Boxing Day and St. Stephens Day pleasure, read on. I'll be singing all the verses of "Good King Wencelas" out in the woods today. It's snowing, too. Perfect.

Katrina at Pining for the West: "Christmas Carols"

Bitter Tea and Mystery: "Children's Books with a Christmas Theme"

RickLibrarian: "White Christmas, A Song by Irving Berlin"

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the links, Judith. I hope you enjoyed the singing in the woods. I sang in the cathedral in Manchester on Saturday. Both settings are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah,
      How lovely, to imagine singing in the cathedral! That would be a peak moment for me.
      I'm looking forward to having some time to read your past posts about your trip to Iceland. Finally, I think I'll have some time!
      Happy New Year! Judith

      Delete
  2. Thanks again for the mention. The link about the song White Christmas was very interesting, since we just watched Holiday Inn last night, which included the song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always liked Holiday Inn, which was the first film to include "White Christmas." Turner Classic Movies broadcasts it at Christmas more often than not, but I haven't seen it myself in a few years.
      Happy New Year! Judith

      Delete