In the High Peaks
















Friday, August 31, 2012

Coming Tomorrow: My Thoughts about Appelfeld's A Story of a Life

My brain is only half with me today, so tomorrow I'll be posting just a few of the bundles of impressions I've had while reading Aharon Appelfeld's A Story of a Life. Please visit Caroline at Beauty is a Sleeping Cat for her review and for links to others', all part of Caroline's Literature and War Readalong. I don't want to rush my post; the book was immeasurably meaningful to me, and I want to share my views with others.

Ken has been mesmerized by the Swedish writers, who publish their thrillers using the pseudonym Lars Kepler. Ken's reading The Hypnotist, published in the U.S. last summer, which was when I was glued to our forest-green couch. These days I call to the bedroom, "Ken, it's nearly 11:30 (am)! Don't you think you should get up?" I hear groans and pleas to leave him alone because he can't put the book down. I don't think he's sleeping much either by the looks of the bags under his eyes.

I'm on the library list for Kepler's latest, The Nightmare. The reviews are stellar. Can't wait.  





No comments:

Post a Comment