In the High Peaks
















Friday, September 17, 2010

A New Book That Tantalizes and Surprises

Maybe this book is grabbing me because I'm fascinated by archaeology, the Viking history in Greenland, and pandemics, but Cold Earth by Sarah Moss has my attention. I'm curious why it's been published by an independent press because it's such a winner.

Jane Smiley commented, "Moss is such a master at evoking suspense...that readers will be tempted to turn to the end of the book to relieve anxieties. Try to control yourself."

It's Friday night, I'm exhausted, and I'm going to leave you with just that smidgin of information. Please do check out the link and see if you can resist a search for Cold Earth.

2 comments:

  1. I checked it out, and it sounds great. Thanks for the head's up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Because of you my blog hits had gone rocket high yesterday!! :)

    Great stuff you have here.

    ReplyDelete