I'm chomping at the bit to begin summer reading. At times I literally have to FORCE myself to sit down and read when school is in session. Once I get started, I'm off, like a rocket launched. But after June 26, watch out!
I want to start my reading summer with something very recently published, as in NEW! I'm thinking of Claire Messud's The Woman Upstairs. Her previous novel, The Emperor's Children, was my #1 favorite for the year it was published. It was not just my favorite; it was, in my opinion, an exquisite, powerful work of art. Not often I get to say that!
But the dilemma of eager readers today: How shall I get the book? Library? No, too much in demand--I'd have a very long wait. Purchase the hardcover? Possibly. Or pay the ridiculous price for the e-book?
Definitely not the Nook book. The problem with an e-book is I don't recall all the details as well as I do with a print copy. I can't go backwards and forwards as I like to do. Well, yes, it's possible--it's just not easy to do. It's a hindrance to go back and forth with an e-book. So I need to order a copy immediately, then. I guess. Decisions!
I've ordered The Greatcoat by Helen Dunmore from the library. Have you read this one? What is your favorite Dunmore title?
County Cavan and Dublin, Ireland 2026
32 minutes ago
No comments:
Post a Comment