In the High Peaks
















Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Sebastian Faulks for the Summer Reading List

I bid a sad farewell to my class, did errands, and came home to find that "the muggies" are holding strong in the weather department. I am little more than a limp dishrag in this kind of weather.

I actually have a Word file entitled "WannaReads." Of course, included in the file are the titles I've already mentioned that I'm dying to read this summer, but I found another book, which has had predominantly 5-star reviews from readers and excellent reviews from critics, which I have added to the list. It is Sebastian Faulks's  A Possible Life: A Novel in Five Parts. Critics love to argue whether it is a collection of short stories or a novel; obviously, the five war-related stories are linked. But it's the rave reviews from readers and critics that interest me. So I will add the book to my summer list. Have you read some of the novels of Sebastian Faulks? Would love to read your thoughts.

Helen Dunmore's The Greatcoat is now on my forest green reading couch. Not a long read at all. I should be able to gobble it up shortly, after Winter in Wartime.

Interview/article about Claire Messud, author of this spring and summer's A Woman Upstairs, which I've ordered in hardcover. (Please see my previous post.)

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment