In the High Peaks
















Saturday, June 30, 2018

Recent Book Purchases

Today I'm participating in an "Open  Studio" at the Hyde Collection in Glens Falls. It's an hour's drive, but up here, we don't consider that far at all. The Hyde is a wonderful art museum, and since we've moved here, their exhibitions and activities have expanded and improved enormously--a wonderful show of Georgia O'Keefe's Lake George (New York) paintings, which were so breathtakingly beautiful, now a Rockwell Kent exhibition.

When that's done, I'll zip home and dig back into my books.

As far as book buying goes, I really and truly have gone overboard this year. I think I've been trying to cheer myself up. Well, it is fun!  Here are just a few...
Upper left--Siddhartha by Herman Hesse

Who We Are and How We Got Here by David Reich, which I discussed in yesterday's entry.

Elin Hilderbrand's  Here's to Us

Writing Hard Stories: Celebrated Memoirists Who Shaped Art from Trauma by Melanie Brooks,

My Struggle: Book 5 by Knausgaard,

The Awkward Age by Henry James,

Into the Wilderness by Sara Donati,

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.

I am so late that I will have to add the links to each book when I get home.
Happy reading to all!

2 comments:

  1. This would be a good weekend to dive into an Elin Hilderbrand novel. I'd like to try Knausgaard, too. Enjoy the Open Studio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JoAnn,
      Oh, I did enjoy the Open Studio--nice people, excellent artist-in-residence, inspiring project. 2.5 hours sped by.

      I'm saving the Hilderbrand for mid-July to mid-August.

      About the Knausgaard: I borrowed the first volume from the library several years ago. I came nowhere near to finishing it, but I was intrigued.
      I liked the description of the theme and subject for Book 5, so here I go sometime soon.

      Delete