In the High Peaks
















Wednesday, January 2, 2013

More Broken Harbor and Purple Chairs

I've enjoyed reading about the 2012 literary adventures of many of you--inspiring!

I'm enjoying Broken Harbor more now that I'm at the mid-point, but I continue to find it slow-moving. Lots of interesting character development of Detective "Scorcher" Kennedy and the marvelous rookie he's breaking in, Richie Curran. What's so interesting is that Curran is turning out to be the principal educator in that duo.

Have any of you read Tana French in the past? I'm especially wondering if anyone has read In the Woods, her debut, which won the Edgar, Anthony, Macavity and Barty awards for best first novel.

I'm also reading Tolstoy and the Purple Chair: My Year of Magical Reading by Nina Sankovitch, which I started about three weeks ago. I'm enjoying reading a chapter here and a chapter there, mixing it with other reading. I highly recommend it if you enjoy the "book about reading books" memoir genre. It's a notch above many others.  

No comments:

Post a Comment