In the High Peaks
















Wednesday, November 9, 2011

German Literature Month!

This semester, more than ever, I have lost my way with books. I read a bit before I fall asleep, and I'm embarrassed to write the title of the Icelandic novel I'm STILL reading. It's undeniable: I've lost my way--for the time being.

I have, within my house, The Silent Angel: A Novel by German author Heinrich Boll, originally published in Germany in 1951. I hope to read it over the Thanksgiving break. My workload will be lightening, starting November 18 until November 29.

Getting a college literature course off the ground is no mean feat, especially when the teacher was given less than two weeks to prepare before the semester commenced.

I miss all of you and your blogs! How I wish I could make my life different than it is at the moment!

Books can save you, if you let them. I need to remember this!

4 comments:

  1. You've certainly been chucked in at the deep end Judith. I hope you can find some time for yourself soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you get to read your boll ,all the best stu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katrina,
    How I've missed reading and commenting on your posts! Hope I can get back to you soon.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stu,
    God willing, I can read the Boll over the Thanksgiving holiday. Yikes! So much to do! Keep reading and blogging!

    Judith

    ReplyDelete