In the High Peaks
















Friday, June 17, 2011

German Postwar Literary Challenge


My dilemma: I have no German novels or memoirs left in the house and I need to continue with my GPLC challenge. I must get to Crandall Library, though I feel guilty contemplating such a journey because I don't want to leave Sasha who is still settling in. Yet we also need FOOD, though Hank, a client of Ken's, brought us some elk chops from Montana tonight. I've never had elk and I must say it's becoming a trendy gourmet meat these days. Elk is dry and must be marinated, Hank told me. Great!


One of the books I want to pick up tomorrow: In My Brother's Shadow: A Life and Death in the SS by Uwe Timm, a German author born in 1940. This memoir or series of reflections is about his memories of his much older brother. I'm anxious to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment