In the High Peaks
















Sunday, May 4, 2014

Falling Dumbly and Blindly upon Jenna Blum's Those Who Save Us

It's extraordinary--today B&N sent me notice of a Nook discount on Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum. I was  fascinated by the snynopsis, dying to read it, and thought I had it in the house and had read it.  Hmmm...

After much investigation of my public blog and personal files, it turned out that I confused this title with Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay, a book I suffered through, though I was thrilled to read it. So I immediately raced upstairs, straight to the paperback Those Who Save Us, only to realize that I purchased it in Boston in 2005, months before moving to our present home in the Adirondacks. I realized as I flipped through the pages that I had never read it. The paperback is pristine, the book obviously never touched. And here I'd thought, in the dim, dark reaches of the back of my brain, that I had read it, though the IT was actually Sarah's Key, a book I definitely read in 2010 but must have borrowed from the library. How weird!

Needless to say, because I was so swept up this morning in the description of Those Who Save Us, I'm thrilled to have the novel right next to me this minute. How serendipitous! I will plunge in to Blum's novel immediately. After the Readathon, I am in need of a dramatic novel that will capture my imagination. Please follow the links if you're interested.




1 comment:

  1. Judith, I have just finished reading Barbara Pym's An Unsuitable Attachment. I'll be interested in hearing what you think of it when you get around to reading it.

    ReplyDelete