In the High Peaks
















Friday, October 28, 2011

Winter Reading? It's Snowin' Outside, Baby

Thanks so much to everyone who left a message for me over the past week! My tooth is better but needs a cheery little root canal, which is one of the highlights waiting for me in the month of November. Just remember, books make every PAIN better.

It's so hard to make life slow down. I feel the greatest peace when I'm outside walking the trails. I needed ski poles today, to keep from slipping in the 2-3 inches of sloppy snow that fell yesterday.

Yes, I'm still working my way through Operation Napoleon by Arnaldur Indridason, but after reporting to you about the nonfiction expose Area 51, I'm extremely disappointed that the Icelandic Indridason has got one of Area 51's most ridiculous pseudo-revelations as a major plot point. [Oh, jaded elder child of the Cold War that I am, I can't consider any of the latter book's supposed "discoveries" to be anything but delusional.]

But, do you know, I'm so exhausted that I'll plow through Operation Napoleon regardless. It's on my Kindle, I paid for it, I'll read it. But characterization is non-existent, and I recommend that you steer clear of it. It's true, however that I'm only 25% of the way through, so take my comments lightly at this point.

1 comment:

  1. i m looking forward to some winter nights reading ,all the best stu

    ReplyDelete