In the High Peaks
















Monday, August 16, 2010

What Place Leisure Reading Come September?

As if I don't have enough things to be concerned about, I am worried that I seem to be unable to read anything other than literature, articles, and just general stuff for my fall classes.

I'd like to be able to relax at least a small part of each day and read for my own self. There must be a way to do it, but I haven't yet found it. I think I'm having this difficulty because it's my first year teaching after 25 years away. I'm sure that's it. And I do love the reading I'm doing as preparation.

BUT, I want to be able to read a book for my own pleasure or knowledge, aside from my teaching life.

If you, readers, have any suggestions on how I can relax enough to just plain read, please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. I think you hit the nail on the head. Your first year teaching after 25 years away from it will be challenging, but once you get a routine in place, you'll find time for leisure reading.

    The only thing that relaxes me is getting my calendar in order. Putting things down is incredibly comforting to me. I feel as if everything is accounted for, which then allows me to relax...and read.

    ReplyDelete