In the High Peaks
















Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Leopard!

Oh, I am enjoying my romp through The Leopard by Jo Nesbo, the Norwegian crime writer. I'm nearly a third through and savoring every morsel. I read Nesbo's The Snowman on the Nook this summer, and I think I'm appreciating The Leopard even more. Maybe my preference is because I'm so desperate for entertainment, and partly because I'm reading it in a lovely Knopf deckle-edge hardcover edition. In any case, I'm a third of the way through and it's going much too quickly.

Getting the previous Harry Hole novels is not an entirely straightforward affair. Some are available on Nook and Kindle and as mass-market paperbacks, never having been published here in hardcover. I will have to do some investigating.

To my mind, Nesbo's crime thrillers are truly a cut above the crowd of the supposed best and brightest crime writers' novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment