In the High Peaks
















Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Oh, No!

Today is my day to post an entry, but I'm sorry to say that I've been consumed all day with my job searching. Fortunately, I've been hired to teach a business writing class in my neck of the woods--that will be in September and October. That was my news today!

Tomorrow I have my big interview for another college-level teaching assignment, and I'm so keen on getting that job. You know the feeling, you want the job so much, it drives you crazy!

What short stories would be on the top of my list to teach to freshman college students? "The Things They Carried" by Tim O'Brien and a famous short story by Joyce Carol Oates (I've got to round up the story title by tomorrow morning! What's wrong with me that I've forgotten the title? Unexcusable!)

I'm so sorry to cop out on today's post. Bear with me, please, I can't wait to write a new blog post!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if it would be appropriate for a US course but I used to teach a first year undergrad course from a collection called 'The Penguin Book of Modern British Short Stories' edited by Malcolm Bradbury. Not only did it introduce them to a wide range of authors, but there was such a variety of styles there that I could use it to explore just about every narrative technique you can imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope things went well for you at your interview. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you will get the job.

    ReplyDelete